This Shrimp with Oyster Sauce recipe is really simple to make thus delightful. Stout shrimp are cooked in a sweet and flavorful sauce for finger-licking goodness. Amazing with steamed rice!
My mom was not one you’d find puttering around in the kitchen. She kept an exceptionally faultless house however generally left getting ready ordinary feasts for the househelp.
At the point when I was growing up, her cooking was more similar to an extraordinary event than a normal event. In any case, in spite of the fact that she didn’t cook frequently, she had a collection of extraordinary recipes up her sleeves.
Call me predisposition however I still can’t seem to find one shrimp dish that can beat my mother’s shrimp with clam sauce. Also, I say that even with twenty or more of my own special shrimp recipes here on the blog.
Her recipe is one of the most straightforward and easiest dishes you can make however is brimming with finger-licking goodness. It requires essential storeroom fixings you presumably as of now have available and requires under a little ways from prep to supper!
- Shrimp-use head-on, shell-on shrimp for best outcomes. I utilized enormous 31/35 include in the recipe.
- Aromatics-onions and garlic
- Fish sauce-adds an umami taste
- Pureed tomatoes thickens the sauce and upgrades flavor
- Clam sauce-rich, syruplike fixing that adds a somewhat sweet and pungent taste
- Channel the shrimp a long time prior to cooking or you’ll wind up with far more fluid. This is a kind of “dry” dish with the sauce generally gripping onto the shrimp.
- Try not to stuff in case they turn extreme and difficult to strip.
How to serve and store
- Shrimp with shellfish sauce is delectable as a primary dish with steamed rice. Ideal for kamayan!
- Store extras in a compartment with a cover and refrigerate for as long as 3 days.
- Warm in the microwave at 2 to 3-minute stretches until warmed through.